Server group list

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Server group list

Postby mimauk » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:18 pm

Hi

I decided to do a complete new install of NBPro to get rid of some little niggling problems, so I uninstalled it using Windows uninstall on the control panel - I kept my nbi file and deleted everything else including cleaning the registry with CCleaner and Wise registry Cleaner. I used the latest Beta14 - not Beta 15 - to install and re-registered it with my key. I used the old nbi file to start NB and downloaded the headers for my groups with a one day download limit. Everything works great and I downloaded what files I wanted with no problems.

I went to download the groups list from the servers but got a popup saying the groups list was missing and click on the Download groups list from server button. When I try to download the group list all I get in the Download tab is a message saying " download list xxx server place holder" for each server and no download activity.

FIXED!!!

On the reinstall NBPro uses the c:\ drive for the data folder by default - my old nbi file uses another disk for the data folder. I copied the group.db3 file from the c:\ drive to the other drive and everything is ok.
mimauk
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/29/06

Re: Server group list

Postby Quade » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:40 pm

I went to download the groups list from the servers but got a popup saying the groups list was missing and click on the Download groups list from server button. When I try to download the group list all I get in the Download tab is a message saying " download list xxx server place holder" for each server and no download activity.

Downloading the groups list fix is one of the fixes in B15.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support