AutoPAR is not working properly.

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

AutoPAR is not working properly.

Postby HKPolice » Wed May 06, 2015 5:21 am

Using version 6.6 latest beta, but this also happened with 6.56 stable.

Whenever I load an NZB file, the program will automatically download all the PAR files and will auto repair/extract the archive BEFORE it's done downloading all the RARs.

Sometimes it'll only download some of the PAR files but will still auto repair before the RARs are done downloading. This is very frustrating because it's wasting CPU time repairing RARs that aren't even corrupt and also wasting bandwidth because newsbin continues downloading the RARs even during the PAR repair.

I've checked "Send PARS to Wish list" and "Pause PARS and only download the ones needed for repair." but they don't help. Sometimes, the RARs will auto extract with some PAR files left in the download list which seems normal but then a few minutes later, the PAR files get downloaded for no reason!

Please help, I really like this program and I want to buy a key but these autoPar bugs are serious.
HKPolice
n00b
n00b

Re: AutoPAR is not working properly.

Postby Quade » Wed May 06, 2015 7:28 am

Email one of these NZB's to ts@newsbin.com and I'll check it out. Sounds like the files aren't grouping properly. AutoPAR works best when the files are grouped together.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support