Downloading problem after upgrading to 6.50

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Downloading problem after upgrading to 6.50

Postby brk » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:37 am

Hi,

I don't know if another person come across with this problem but I have problem with downloading.

Here is what happens:
When I was using 6.42, I disabled auto unrar. So what it used do was download all rar files, fix files with downloading additional par files if some of the files are broken then the files were moved to Files list. Then I go to my newsbin download folder and unrar them manually. I was using that way.

However after upgrading to 6.5 I didn't changed anything in the settings but what it does now is, it downloads all rar files, it doesn't download par files so the download waits in the line forever. For example, I was downloading a movie but according to par2 file *.nfo file was missing and it should have fixed it by downloading par file in my opinion but it didn't do anything and its status didn't changed.(par process %0) Also another file I was downloading was fresh so there was no error but it again stuck at the par process.

Could you please help me to solve this issue?

Also I chose the new theme but new theme is mostly white(bright) so I want to go back to old theme. Is it possible?

Thank you
brk
n00b
n00b

Re: Downloading problem after upgrading to 6.50

Postby dexter » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:37 pm

The settings changed a little for 6.50. When AutoPAR is disabled, Newsbin doesn't touch PAR files at all. What you need to do is enable AutoPAR but disable "Automatically UnRAR Complete Files" if you want to unrar them yourself.

As for the theme, it should be following the windows theme. You can force the background color by setting a variable in the .nbi file. It is explained here:

http://help.newsbin.com/index.php/V600- ... ound_Color
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby brk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:42 am

Okay thank you for your answer I changed the background to gray.

However according to your answer my settings looks like they are okay?

img.acianetmedia.com/i/Czpl.png
brk
n00b
n00b

Postby dexter » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:57 am

Yes, it looks like your settings are ok. I remember a report like this during the beta process but I thought it was fixed. Maybe it wasn't. I'll have to test it again.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brkbrk » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi,

I couldn't remember my password nor I could remember my email that I used with "brk" username so I had to register again. I still have the same issue. Until last week I was using v6.42 because it worked pretty well for me. I formatted my computer and this time I installed the latest version of Newsbin because 6.42 getting old. I have the configuration as with 6.42 because I want Newsbin to download files, do autopar and repair damaged ones, then clear the downloading files list. Don't unrar/ delete files etc. v6.42 does this exactly. However since 6.5 it doesn't works like that and I couldn't figure it out.

Here is the screenshot I took. After I downloaded a file it repaired but it didn't disappeared from the Downloading Files section:
http://img.acianetmedia.com/i/halCA.jpg

My configuration(Same as the 2013 post):
http://img.acianetmedia.com/i/VFySe.jpg
brkbrk
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/17/12

Postby dexter » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:56 pm

It says in your screenshot that AutoPAR is disabled. Perhaps it was disabled when you queued the download and then you enabled it after it was already in the download list? If not then the GUI is out of sync with the actual setting for some reason. You can clear it up by disabling AutoPAR from the settings screen, exit the screen, then go back in and enable AutoPAR again.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to V6 Technical Support