Change in how I find downloaded files

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Change in how I find downloaded files

Postby sirelf » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi Long time newsbin user first time forum poster :lol: . My old pc finally died so when I bought the new PC one of my first download was newsbin (right after my antivirus). So I am now running Newsbin Pr0 6.5.5 Build 3334. I mostly download audiofiles. (Mp3, podcast and audiobooks) In the past I would find something of interest from a usenet group's webpage I would find the code for the complete set. Open a new browser go to NXBIndex paste in the code and click on the complete set (with PARS) to create a NZB and send the NZB to Newsbin. Newsbin would download the files and create a folder in my download directory, and I was done.

For some reason with the current version of Newsbin when I create the NZB and have Newsbin download the files instead of finding them neatly assembled in a folder they are all individually sitting in the main download directory. This doesn't happen every time I download complete books, but I was distressed to find that I had five to six books all jumbled together and will have to manually sort them into folders I assume this is my fault and not a bug in the program. But I am hoping someone can help me restore the process so the files go back to downloading into folders. I did try creating a NZB from Easynews (my usenet provider) and downloading it via Newsbin. It did create a folder,so it could be a NZBIndex issue! But this had not been a issue in the past so I hope someone will be able to help me !
sirelf
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 09/29/02

Re: Change in how I find downloaded files

Postby Quade » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:33 pm

You have two choices.

1 - In the download path options, select "Change" and then double-click the $(NZBFILE) option to add it to the download path.

2 - In the filename options, select "Use MP3 Mode".

If you mainly use NZB Files, I recommend #1. It'll keep all the files and meta files combined into a single folder.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support