Failed NB move

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Failed NB move

Postby Beemer2 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:48 pm

Using the instructions given in NB help I tried to move NB Pro 6.55 64bit Data from one drive to another with out losing anything. This failed and I am left with a new blank NB.

The NB program is on my C: SSD drive but all my user data is on a new hard drive. This new drive F: has a Newsbin Data folder and I moved all the NB folders to it that are mentioned in the instructions. So also is the old NBI file.

Before moving the Data folders I changed the Options/settings folder to point to the new folders in F:

However, when in Settings I open the Data menu it always takes me to the original Data location C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Newsbin and not to the new location F:\Newsbin Data. In settings I can navigate to F:\Newsbin Data but it will not stick. Is it looking for some specific file before setting this new location?

Ian
Beemer2
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/05/10

Re: Failed NB move

Postby Quade » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:22 pm

Exit Newsbin. Go to the new data folder and double-click the .NBI file there. That should start Newsbin with the old configuration. I'd make a backup copy of the NBI first.

By moving the data folder and not telling Newsbin the new location of the NBI. It assumes fresh install and makes a new set of files in you user folder. Double-clicking the old NBI in the new location should register that NBI with Newsbin again.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Failed NB move

Postby Beemer2 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:45 pm

Quade wrote:Exit Newsbin. Go to the new data folder and double-click the .NBI file there. That should start Newsbin with the old configuration. I'd make a backup copy of the NBI first.

By moving the data folder and not telling Newsbin the new location of the NBI. It assumes fresh install and makes a new set of files in you user folder. Double-clicking the old NBI in the new location should register that NBI with Newsbin again.

Quade,

Okay that worked thanks.

Ian
Beemer2
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/05/10

Return to V6 Technical Support