Dear god make it STOP!!!

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Dear god make it STOP!!!

Postby rassafratz » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:05 pm

There are 2 unbelievably annoying issues I have with 6.53rc1

The first is this error message:

[17:30:00] ERROR Error: WSARecv Socket Error Code: 10060 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

I often get 5-6 of these at a time. I can't clear the window since I only get more, so I have to "hide til restart" or whatever the hell that option is.

Fact is, all my servers are up and all of them are functional. Timeouts happen - I DO NOT HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT THEM EVERY F'ING TIME I GET ONE.

So how do I turn it OFF?

The other irritant is aggravating beyond measure because it WASTES MY F'ING TIME FOR NO REASON.
It is THIS:

"Failed Download [PAR Process] Retry Failure: Ran out of retries"

And then it DISCARDS the goddamned file!!!

In many cases, the PARS are in a separate upload, but newsbin doesn't seem to see them.

How the hell do I make it SAVE the file, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT'S BROKEN OR NOT?

My only workaround right now is after getting that error, I go back and make an NZB for the file and then load the NZB into a cheezy-assed downloader called "grabit" which DOES save incomplete downloads.

If pars are available, then I can fix the broken file. And even if pars are NOT available, WinRAR has the ability to recover many files inside the archive. Either way, why can't I force newsbin to behave?
rassafratz
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/29/13

Re: Dear god make it STOP!!!

Postby Quade » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:03 am

Fact is, all my servers are up and all of them are functional. Timeouts happen - I DO NOT HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT THEM EVERY F'ING TIME I GET ONE.

You can turn it off on the options. Look in the confirmation window options. Timeouts don't just happen. This is an astraweb issue. I never get these message with giga. It's not fatal for sure but, it's not an error that should be happening.

And then it DISCARDS the goddamned file!!!

They get sent to the failed list. You can send them back. You should be running the latest release. It has some tweaks for this.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support