Incompletes

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Incompletes

Postby Mythryl » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:37 am

I am currently using the newest x64 version (6.53 build 33.11) of Newsbin Pro. Back in the v5.xx days when any files would fail (for whatever reason) the "Downloading Files" tab would show an error message and at that point I could right-click the file and choose assemble incompletes. Then I at least I knew there was a problem right away. In this version, even if there's an error with a file (or multiple files) or failed files, the "Downloading Files" tab is empty and I have no clue there was an issue until I try to use whatever I've downloaded.

My question is, is there a setting somewhere in the program that will change it back to how it used to be? I'd rather see that there's a problem immediately.

Thanks
Mythryl
n00b
n00b

Re: Incompletes

Postby Quade » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:40 am

Have you looked in the failed list? If it's not visible, you can enable it from the view menu.

You can add files back to the download list from the failed list. You can them assemble them from the download list, right click "Assemble Incompletes" menu.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Mythryl » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:00 am

I think you misunderstood what I wanted, they weren't in failed files, they were automatically assembling before actually finishing and then disappearing from the downloaded files tab.

I was able to resolve this issue by going into options-setup and changing "Max Retries before files are Assembled" from the default of "2" to "10000". I know 10000 is high but that was the value I changed it to while troubleshooting, I'll lower the value but now I understand what was happening. I don't know why this was changed in v6.xx but this is an acceptable workaround for me.

Thanks
Mythryl
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:27 am

Do you have repair disabled?

In 6.53, It only assembles incompletes like that if it has pars and thinks there are enough pars to repair the files. Otherwise the files end up in the failed list.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support