Enable or Disable filters button

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Enable or Disable filters button

Postby eclapwannabe » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:08 pm

I had two groups that I was monitoring today.

I was downloading files that I had already downloaded several months previously and I got the
dreaded no downloads because of file being previously downloaded. Every time I chose download-bypass filter the files end up outside the folder I have set up for those files. Hence extra work to put them in the correct folder. So I choose the universal enable or disable filters buttons. Now the group that was active when I chose the enable or disable filter button is only showing about 150 post when I know there is over 1 million post for that group.

How do I get the stored post back on the display screen?

ECWB
eclapwannabe
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/20/12

Re: Enable or Disable filters button

Postby Quade » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:17 pm

So I choose the universal enable or disable filters buttons. Now the group that was active when I chose the enable or disable filter button is only showing about 150 post when I know there is over 1 million post for that group.

What is it you think this does? I'm just curious. I know of no connection between where a file is downloaded and the filter enable button.

If the filters are enabled, maybe you need to turn them off to see all the files?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby eclapwannabe » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:38 pm

This is what I did and all the post came back. What I was hoping that there was a simple 1. 2.3 step process that would display the "hidden post".

1. I had to go to Spool_V6 and delete the name of the group.(Stored Post) 2. I clicked on the name of the group and NBP reloaded all the post for that group from my two servers. 3. It still only showed about 146 post so whatever was "hiding the posts" was still preventing them from being displayed. 4.I deleted the name of the group on the group list screen and went back to add new group screen. 5. Once I did this all the post are showing up again.

I did click on the enable filters button again after I noticed " the lost or hidden posts" but nothing changed. It still was only showing about 150 post and within in a vary limited amount of days ( a couple days of post in June 2012).

I will not be choosing the universal enable/disable button again. Two much pain to get things back to normal.

I figured out where it was going wrong in the download-bypass filter.

NBP is a very powerful program. It does so many things automatically and saves the user time. But if something goes awry it is difficult for me to find out what I did wrong. I just do not have the same history with NBP that I did for Xnews. Once I figure out this program I will be one step closer to death.
eclapwannabe
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/20/12

Postby Quade » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:38 pm

All that filter button does is turn on the filters and turns them off. It deletes nothing.

You probably had something in the filters or in the filter options on that post listing the hid the files. Disabling the filters should have shown all the files again. Worse comes to worse, disabling and re-opening the group should have shown them. I run with the filters on 100% of the time.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support