Delete all posts from poster

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Delete all posts from poster

Postby Valmont » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:37 am

Where does Newsbin (6.52) keep the list of rotten spammers after having selected the option 'Delete all posts from poster'? It's not stored in 'PosterLockout.txt'.

Thanks.
Valmont
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/14/09

Re: Delete all posts from poster

Postby Quade » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:12 am

"Delete all Posts" isn't recorded. It's a snapshot. You select it and it immediately deletes all of the posters posts from memory and from the groups currently loaded into the tab where you do it.

The problem with poster lockouts is that the more you have, the slower Newsbin will run. You'll eventually hit a point where loading a group is painfully slow. Most the bad posters are using random from fields anyway these days which means you can never get them all so, storing the old ones is sort of pointless.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Delete all posts from poster

Postby Valmont » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:13 pm

Quade wrote:"Delete all Posts" isn't recorded. It's a snapshot. You select it and it immediately deletes all of the posters posts from memory and from the groups currently loaded into the tab where you do it.

Yeah, I realized an hour later after this post :)

LOL I have about 1600 entries with either poster lockouts or keywords. Right now things are working fine, computer is nice so that may help. Perhaps I'll reset the lockouts someday because storing spam-names for long a time may not be the most efficient way indeed. Thanks for giving me food for thought.
Valmont
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/14/09

Return to V6 Technical Support