Manually Joining multi part posts

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Manually Joining multi part posts

Postby erikr » Thu May 29, 2014 12:30 pm

How do you manually merge a multi-part post that for whatever reason was not joined together automatically by newsbin? I'm not talking about a post that has multiple rars. This is a post that contains only a single file, but whenever it was broken into multiple parts during posting/encoding something happened with the headers that newsbin could not recognize the multi-part posts and join them. When I used to use Forte Agent as my newsreader I could line up the posts in the correct order, highlight the posts that I wanted to merge together and select join. They would be then be combined into one post and when they downloaded the file was created with no issues. What is happening now is that since they are individual posts, multiple files with the same filename are being created with the "-001", "-002", and so on being appended to the filename. Unfortunately since there is no guarantee that they are being downloaded in the correct order you cant just use copy the files into a single file.
erikr
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/13/10

Re: Manually Joining multi part posts

Postby Quade » Thu May 29, 2014 4:52 pm

You can't really. Might have to drop back to older software.

What to PM me an example to look at? Don't post it here.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support