Minor v6 bugs - Interface & AutoPar

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Minor v6 bugs - Interface & AutoPar

Postby skoolrumble » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:08 pm

Just two bugs that are kinda annoying.

I'm currently using the latest version v6.51 Build 3159, but these bugs might have been fixed from when I was using the beta versions of 6.51.

AutoPar: if the destination/Unrar drive is out of space, it will (obviously) fail to unrar anything, and yet it will still delete the originals as if it was successful. Is it possible for newsbin to "know" it failed to unrar and keep the originals, or at least stop/pause the unrar process and flash newsbin to tell us so? Too often I have to dig through the recycle bin to get back the stuff that was deleted.

Interface: If you move a tab to some other location and unselect the "Dockable" feature, you can't seem to undo it unless you reset the entire interface. Kinda annoying.

BTW, I mostly figured out the cross interface drag & drop thing, although it took a while to do so. Maybe there ought to be a diagram somewhere in the manual telling us how the cross thing works. Thanks.
skoolrumble
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/26/06

Re: Minor v6 bugs - Interface & AutoPar

Postby Quade » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:32 am

I have an action item in my todo list to look at the RAR thing. My suggestion for now is to not run out of disk space. I try to add code to stop the download when you run short but, it's essentially on you to make sure you have enough disk space for your downloads. I clear space when I get down to 200-300 gigs.

I need to figure out why unrar doesn't report errors when it runs out of space.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support