Easynews "Server Reports Bogus Maxspool" for ALL groups?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Easynews "Server Reports Bogus Maxspool" for ALL groups?

Postby itm » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:48 am

I'm getting "Server Reports Bogus Maxspool" for ALL of my groups on Easynews today. Running NBPro 6.42 due to stability problems on 6.5x. Anyone else having these problems?
itm
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Easynews "Server Reports Bogus Maxspool" for ALL groups?

Postby tl » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:48 am

itm wrote:I'm getting "Server Reports Bogus Maxspool" for ALL of my groups on Easynews today. Running NBPro 6.42 due to stability problems on 6.5x. Anyone else having these problems?

They announced that they were going to renumber all groups earlier which will cause this, it was first announced on Feb. 4 with a cut-over date of 23 February, and in addition I suspect they also sent a message to all users who hadn't disabled this.

To allow people to transition early and/or with more control if they so choose the message provided information about alternative hosts with the new headers. They later repeated that information just in case someone had managed to miss it.

https://www2.easynews.com/announce.phtml?message=1299

Since you didn't do those changes before the cut-over date you need to do it now instead. Note that even if there happen to be a group where you don't get this message, you should still do it on that group because they did renumber every single group.

AFAIK there's two basic ways of fixing this, first set "Download Age" to an appropriate number, then either do "Post Storage->Use Download Age" on all groups or remove the old Easynews server and then set it up again, in either case this is then followed by "Download Latest" on all groups to grab headers back as far as you choose (Download Age).

The first method re-download headers from all servers, but doesn't need setting up the server again. The second you need to set up the server hostname/port/username/password again but you only need to re-download headers from Easynews.
tl
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Return to V6 Technical Support