Number of unread posts

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Number of unread posts

Postby gumby_dammit223 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:08 pm

I just upgraded to 6.50 from 6.42. With 6.42, after downloading the latest group updates, the window showing all my groups would also show the number of unread posts in each group. With 6.50, I have to select each group from the side menu and select "show posts" to bring up the tab for that group and any unread posts there might be. With 20-some groups that I watch, I'd rather not have to do a "show posts" on every single one to see if there is anything new to look at. Is there any way to have the unread count show up next to each group in the side menu?

Thanks for the help! I'm usually an idiot when a software upgrade happens and I'm not ready for it! :)
gumby_dammit223
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/24/08

Re: Number of unread posts

Postby dexter » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:41 pm

This was changed in 6.50 to only update whenever there were actually new headers to download. If you check for headers and there is nothing new then nothing changes. We've decided we will change it back to the way it used to work, zeroing out the New Files and updating the timestamp, every time it checks for updates whether there is actually something downloaded or not. So the answer it, that's how it works in 6.50 but we will change it in 6.51.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Number of unread posts

Postby gumby_dammit223 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Much appreciated!
gumby_dammit223
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/24/08

Return to V6 Technical Support