Version 6.50 Not Showing Downloaded Headers

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Version 6.50 Not Showing Downloaded Headers

Postby linutic » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:21 am

Previous to upgrading to Newsbin 6.50 I had approximately 200 GB of header files stored in the data directory. Years ago, I had moved the data directory to E:\newsbin where I had space for all those headers. After upgrade to 6.50, the data seems still to be there but it is not shown in the Groups List. Clicking Options-->Setup-->Open Data Folder opens E:\newsbin, showing that the 200 GB of headers are still there.

On the Groups page it shows 0 days for the groups I have not updated. Other groups I updated after upgrading to 6.50 show a small number of days. Previously I had all the data that Giganews remembers about all these groups. Downloading it all again would be very inconvenient, to say the very least.

How can I get Newsbin to recognize and use the old data?
linutic
n00b
n00b

Re: Version 6.50 Not Showing Downloaded Headers

Postby Quade » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:03 am

Have you tried loading a group? It's not clear to me that you've right clicked a group and "Show all Posts" on it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Version 6.50 Not Showing Downloaded Headers

Postby linutic » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:41 am

Quade, you are correct. I traditionally double-clicked on the group header, and that was not working last night, or I had a paranoid delusional break triggered by my virtual vacation to Mars. In any case, after right clicking and downloading one group, everything seems to be working as before.

Thank you for your speedy and helpful response. I hope you make a bucket of money in your next film. Image link not allowed for unregistered users
linutic
n00b
n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support