Passwords

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Passwords

Postby boston65 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:28 am

I have downloaded my files, it's getting ready to extract, but stops needs a password, is there anyway in NBP to added the password, and continue extracting, or do I have to do it manually with winrar?

Is there a setting to Pause on encrypted rar, and ask for password? I see the ones for spam, would this work or would it just fail the download?
boston65
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/15/13

Re: Passwords

Postby JsFrk » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:28 am

I believe if you pause the client before loading the nzb you get the chance to assign the password.
JsFrk
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/27/11

Postby boston65 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:39 am

JsFrk wrote:I believe if you pause the client before loading the nzb you get the chance to assign the password.

what the problem is not all post are password protected, so what your saying is to keep NBP paused all the time, I think having NBP pause when it sees the file as password protected, because like I said most are not protected...This would be easier than keeping it paused..Thanks for the info...
boston65
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/15/13

Postby JsFrk » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:33 am

One the previous beta versions seemed to be ignoring my settings for allowing downloads of passworded files, if you haven't updated it's worth doing that and trying m8y
JsFrk
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/27/11

Return to V6 Technical Support