upgade and install problems

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

upgade and install problems

Postby pufftmd » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Shortly after 6.42 was available, I attempted the upgrade. The process froze at "deleting language.dll". I had to force close the process. Also, during this process I lost internet connection. After a restart, internet was fine but the existing 6.41 would not open. My saving grace was my Acronis hard disk copy which got me back to normal without the upgrade. This exact same problem happened on 2 additional attempts to upgrade. So today, I tried again but I completely uninstalled Newsbin Pro 6.41. Figuring a fresh install of 6.42 would work. I had also used Revo Uninstaller pro to make sure I removed all files related. The fresh install froze again at "c\ program files", about one third the way on the install progress bar. Again at this point it also had the same kill affect on my internet connection. After forcing close the install and restarting, I have internet back. Not sure what to do now. I can put a recent Acronis Image back on my drive which will get me back to normal with 6.41 or hope I can get some help here. Any help would be appreciated.

WinXP 32 bit
pufftmd
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/20/07

Re: upgade and install problems

Postby Quade » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:34 pm

You can get the full download if you scroll down in the download page on the website. I think it sounds like you have security software blocking the install.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: upgade and install problems

Postby pufftmd » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:53 am

Thank you very much, problem solved. I used full exe and disabled security. All good now :)
pufftmd
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/20/07

Return to V6 Technical Support