2 Concerns/problems

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

2 Concerns/problems

Postby eclapwannabe » Sat May 11, 2013 9:59 am

Sometimes I loose the scroll bar on one of the newsgroups I am monitoring. But if I move to another
group that is open or active the scroll bar is there. Could it be a timing problem? What I mean is I open
alt.binaries.xxx on Wed. and it has been active for a couple of days. I do things the hard way. I don't download everything willy nilly. I am a header/ article guy. I tried full screen mode. I tried expanding the columns with the pointer but to no avail. What has worked is to close out that ng and reload the headers. The
scroll bar comes right back as usual.

I love NB Pro. Zillion times faster than my old Newsreader X-news. Especially with multi-part files. But one thing I have not been able to figure out was done quite simply with old X-news. I could open a custom filter option that would filter by subject name and/or by the From column. If I am correct there are two search screens. One appears to be where the individual tab is for the newsgroup name. The other is the universal search across the whole Usenet spectrum. I see in the later search options a from filter but I cannot seem to make it work right because it has not found a thing. Zilch. Nada. I tried to go into the options screen and add
from as a profile. I thought I had it working 1 time because I only got that one poster. I tried to do it again and it didn't work. Now this profile addition was in the individual newsgroup tab screen.

I guess I am doing something wrong. If I could get this to work it would be heavenly
eclapwannabe
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/20/12

Return to V6 Technical Support