downloaded post remains in download list

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

downloaded post remains in download list

Postby RayMark » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:02 pm

Newsbin 6.50B2 build 2554 (64 bit)

It is probably very difficult to reproduce. It happens only occasionally.

With unrar + delete after successful unrar enabled, the post is downloaded, successfully unrarred and rar files deleted.
But that post is not removed from the download list. Instead it seems to be doing some retries ?

Current progress - indicates finished

The N number keeps changing frequently. The R number is increasing gradually.

The post is unrarred and deleted. Just this line in the download list. But because some retries seems to be done, it still uses up resources?
So I delete such posts from the download list manually.
But mostly this does not happen, only once in a while. May depend on specific download/unrar path settings and something in that specific post or its subject.

Not critical, but slightly misleading.

Another, different but similar issue:
If par2 files are posted separately, at least shown by Newsbin in a separate line, not together with the main post, then often such a par2 post also remains in the download list after the main post is successfully finished.
Probably newsbin simply does not know that they should be treated as part of the same.
So in this case, I think that it is not a bug. Just waiting for the missing blocks to complete not knowing that it was already downloaded.
Come to think of it, it probably happens when the main post is a single file and does not require unrarring.
Then the accompanying (but not recognized by Newsbin as such) par2 post remains in the download list forever.

Anyway, an interesting thing: even if all such remaining in the download list posts (of type 1 or type 2) are PAUSED - the N numbers (and probably R numbers) still keep changing!
And CPU usage sometimes remains around 3% even though Newsbin is not downloading anything
This is strange, especially if everything is paused.

I even tried the global Pause button - appears "Paused" on read background in the status bar. Still those numbers keep changing and CPU is used.
Hm, but only 0.3% instead of 3%
Interesting, but the N numbers still keep changing.
So that means when Newsbin is not downloading anything, CPU is still used for something else?
For some background header compacting or something?
Because those empty "retries" take only 0.3% and not 3% of CPU.

---------------------------------------------
i7-3770K, Windows 8 x64, 32 GB RAM
RayMark
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/21/07

Return to V6 Technical Support