pause issue

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

pause issue

Postby wlee1970 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:43 pm

when I right click on a download and select Pause, it will not pause it will keep downloading. Also when i try to click on the running bar at the bottom of the program to pause the download still downloads. Is this suppose to do this?

Wlee1970
wlee1970
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/29/13

Re: pause issue

Postby itimpi » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:29 pm

wlee1970 wrote:when I right click on a download and select Pause, it will not pause it will keep downloading. Also when i try to click on the running bar at the bottom of the program to pause the download still downloads. Is this suppose to do this?

Clicking Pause onan item should always work although it might take a few seconds to take effect due to the fact that the pause takes effect at the end of the current chunk (which is already in transit).

When you say that the pause on the bottom does not work - do you mean that it takes effect for a few seconds and then unsets itself? If this is the case it probably means that you have the scheduler enabled - this will be resetting the pause state to match the scheduler settings.
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Postby Quade » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:31 pm

If you're talking about a header download, they don't pause. If you want to stop a header download just delete it. When you download again, it'll just continue where it left off.

If you're talking about a file download, either one of the pause buttons should pause it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby wlee1970 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Quade wrote:If you're talking about a header download, they don't pause. If you want to stop a header download just delete it. When you download again, it'll just continue where it left off.

If you're talking about a file download, either one of the pause buttons should pause it.

it was the headers i was trying to pause.
wlee1970
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/29/13

Postby Quade » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Files download in discrete chunks so, it's pretty easy to pause them. Headers download in a continuous stream and trying to pause them will eventually cause the connection to fail. That's why headers don't pause.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support