Download to Folder named for Subject

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Download to Folder named for Subject

Postby Mark Allie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:58 pm

In V6.34 I could highlight a group of files that had the subject line the same for the first X charaters. Then I could right click and select 'Download to Folder named for Subject'. This resulted in the whole set of files ending up in the same folder. This does not seem to work in V6.41B2 Buils 2102. Is there a way to limit the number of characters compared in the subject line to ensure the files all end up in one folder? Any other guggestions? Right now I download a single fiole to a folder based on the subject followed by a Download to existing folder. Not very handy.
Mark Allie
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Download to Folder named for Subject

Postby ozzii » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:40 am

When you do a "download to new folder" you have the subject added as name of the new folder.
ozzii
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/23/06

Re: Download to Folder named for Subject

Postby Mark Allie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:15 pm

Yes and the subject length was always short enough to put most groups in the same folder. It got truncated so the differentn file names didn't affect the floder names. Now it does. I waas interested in a way to highlight a group of similar subject files and have them download to the same folder based aon a truncated version of the subject.
Mark Allie
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to V6 Technical Support