6.40 RC5 issues

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

6.40 RC5 issues

Postby wordy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:01 pm

I don't have access to the forum mentioned at the bottom of the Beta page so I'm posting here.

Being a new V6 user, I'm still getting used to it, but there are a few things that seem to be broken.

The "Send PARS to Wish List" option doesn't work (or do anything that I can see). RC4-5 still downloads PARS unnecessarily sometimes and with limited bandwidth I'd prefer to just handle broken posts myself (while letting AutoPAR do the complete ones).

Why does V6 seem to load NZB files in random order? I've looked at NZB's and they are clearly in episode order in the text file (E01 E02 E03 ...), but when Newsbin reads it, the resulting load has them all mixed up in the download window.

AutoPAR doesn't set the dates of the extracted files to what is stored in the archive. V5 used to do this correctly. Files are just left at whatever the system time is on extraction.

The state of the Speed Limiter is lost between shutdown and the next restart (Scheduler is not enabled). I generally leave it enabled but when I restart Newsbin it's turned off by default each time.

Related to loading order issue above but useful for other things, I miss the ability to select a group of downloads and sort only those by clicking the column headers.

Thanks for your time and a great product!
wordy
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/19/12

Re: 6.40 RC5 issues

Postby itimpi » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:38 pm

wordy wrote:IRelated to loading order issue above but useful for other things, I miss the ability to select a group of downloads and sort only those by clicking the column headers.!

This works fine for me - I use it regularily! There is some minimum number that needs to be selected (something like 3 I think) for this to be activated but that should be the only thing that might stop it working from what I can remember. I guess another point is that it sorts the compacted entries - you cannot sort sub-entries inside a compacted set (although I cannot think why you might want to)..
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Postby wordy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:24 pm

itimpi wrote:
wordy wrote:IRelated to loading order issue above but useful for other things, I miss the ability to select a group of downloads and sort only those by clicking the column headers.!

This works fine for me - I use it regularily! There is some minimum number that needs to be selected (something like 3 I think) for this to be activated but that should be the only thing that might stop it working from what I can remember. I guess another point is that it sorts the compacted entries - you cannot sort sub-entries inside a compacted set (although I cannot think why you might want to)..

Got it! The confirmation prompt is wrong/misleading, that's all. If posts are selected or not, the confirmation always reads "Sort the entire Download list?". I didn't want to sort the ENTIRE list so I selected no and assume the feature was removed.

Maybe change it to "Sort the selected Download entries?" when some records are selected.

Thanks for the reply.
wordy
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/19/12

Postby Quade » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:02 pm

- "Send Pars to wish list" only works if you completely disable autopar. The options don't make that clear.

- NZB's load up sequentially but, when packed into compact sets, the order isn't alpha order any more. The packing loses the order.

- RAR Timestamps. There's an internal option in the NBI File.

[AUTORAR]
KeepFilestamp=?

0 or 1

1 to set the internal timestamp.

- Speed Limiter

[SETTINGS]
PersistRateLimit=?

0 or 1

1 makes it remember that you had it rate limited between runs

- Sorting, as has been mentioned it's working.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support