Pars and Rars loaded into two lists

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Pars and Rars loaded into two lists

Postby J.A. » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:28 pm

I just recently upgraded to v6 (seriously didn't upgrade NB for a couple of years) and trying to learn all the new quirks. One particular issue I can't seem to figure out: I use Binsearch to get NZBs and have Newsbin auto-load them from a directory, then one or two things happen:

Scenario 1: The NZB is loaded into a single expandable list, with the the rars and and pars in the same list, and the pars will only be downloaded if repairs are needed. Perfect! This is how I wanted.

Scenario 2: The rars and pars from a single NZB is loaded into TWO separate lists: one for rars and one for pars. In this scenario, every single pars will be downloaded regardless if repairs are needed or not. This is not ideal since I want to save bandwidth.

I tried to solve the issue by moving the par set to Wish List, however, if I close Newsbin before finish downloading all the rars and then reopen Newsbin at a later time, the entire list will get filtered out as failed downloads.
J.A.
n00b
n00b

Re: Pars and Rars loaded into two lists

Postby itimpi » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:59 pm

Scenarios 2 is not meant to happen - Newsbin is meant to associate these two entries. In my experience it does a lot of the time but not always. This is something that Quade is always working on improving.
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Return to V6 Technical Support