Can't Load Web Pages After Extended Download Session

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Can't Load Web Pages After Extended Download Session

Postby sixfootphil » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi,

Has anyone else had issues with their web browser being slow to bring up a page or not even load web pages, after having used Newsbin Pro for an extended session?

Here's my scenario:

Sometimes I will download and queue up nzb files in Newsbin Pro and leave it running overnight to download from the newsgroups, in the morning, the downloads will be done and I'll send the computer to sleep until I get home after work in the afternoon.

What I have been noticing is that when I got home from work, when I fire up my web browser and try to go to a web site it will sit there for 30s or so before loading the page, when I am on the web site it's fine and I can navigate on the same domain, if I go to a different domain I get the same type of behaviour.

I get the same issue in different browsers, Chrome and Firefox, sometimes I get no connectivity in the browser, however I can still login to chat services, and I can use the usenet connection in Newsbin.

If I restart the computer everything is back to normal and works fine, I am a recent convert to Newsbin from Newsrover and I have Giganews so I've also used their Mimo client, it's only since switching to Newsbin Pro that I've had this issue, I had set both Newsrover and Mimo to process nzb files overnight.

I have Newsbin Pro 6.3.4 build 1886, Windows 7 Ultimate, running on a Quad core with 8GB RAM.

I know if could be the OS or something on my computer, I'm just suspicious since it started after I started using Newsbin, and wondered if anyone had similar experiences.

Thanks,
sixfootphil
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/25/12

Re: Can't Load Web Pages After Extended Download Session

Postby Quade » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 pm

When it does this, I'd check how much RAM newsbin is using.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support