NZB acting differently

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

NZB acting differently

Postby megalomando » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi,

newsbin 6.21 1534
Win 7

After too many crashes I've ditched my old computer and am re-installing programs in a new one. I have a backup of my newsbin.nbi and replaced the one inserted in installation. I re-registered with the newest update and expected settings would be the same but when I generate a nzb file and click on it, I'm used to a new panel opening on the top half of the screen, next to the groups list button containing the files that may be downloaded. I would select which of the files I wanted to download and right click to save to the folder I wanted.

Now, when I click on a .NZB file, it immediately goes to the download list and immediately starts downloading to the designated download folder.

What do I need to change to allow the old style operation to happen again, so the selected NZB choices each get their own folder which I can select my chosen files from?

Thanks
megalomando
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/09/04

Re: NZB acting differently

Postby itimpi » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:20 pm

You should look under Options->NZB Files. There you will find a checkbox that determines whether a NZB File goes directly to the Download list or not. There are also various options for automatic folder creation.
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Re: NZB acting differently

Postby megalomando » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi Itimpi,

I appreciate the help. I was surprised to find it acting differently but I unchecked everything in the NZB options & now it does just what I want.

Love the program, it's always improving!

G
megalomando
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/09/04

Return to V6 Technical Support