D/Load List & D/Load Deletion

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

D/Load List & D/Load Deletion

Postby ZuKe » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:22 am

hey all, i have just upgraded to Ver 6.11 from 5.56 & am having these problems :-

downlaod list wont download in order (as in top to bottom), i have searched the forum & deleted the db3 file as quade has suggested to others but to no avail, if i close newsbin it also messes up the order on restart.

2nd prob is in ver 5.56 if i deleted anything from the d/load list , the downloaded files stayed on my hard drive , Well after losing 13 gig of files (i only have a 512 connection so Really annoying) i realize that ver 6 deletes them !!
is there anyway to stop this?

the D/load list prob is a major for me as i chop & change the list alot so i need it to follow order.

Thanks in advance guys
ZuKe
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 09/24/09

Re: D/Load List & D/Load Deletion

Postby DThor » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:37 am

First thing is to ascertain what is actually a problem, and what is just different from v5. The watch phrase with v6 is 'hands off', if you are used to micro-managing pars, your first reaction might be that something is broken. The pars and primary file sets are managed as conceptual units, you don't need to manually fiddle with them unless something's confused Newsbin, which is the exception. It downloads only as many pars as it needs, if any. If it's 'stuck ', check the logging tab, should give a clue. Also, the status column in the download queue gives information about number of files, pars, etc.

It's also possible something's up with your write permissions, but I doubt that. Of course, it's always possible you're trying to download something that's incomplete, and struggling with trying to download pars even though Newsbin is telling you there's not enough.

Check under options / autopar, I believe that's where the option is to disable deleting after extraction. It should only be doing this after a successful extraction, though.

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Re: D/Load List & D/Load Deletion

Postby Quade » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:05 am

i realize that ver 6 deletes them !!is there anyway to stop this?

You can select whether to delete or not from the message that pops up when you delete.

I've never had a problem with download order but, others have reported it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support